Walker Edison Twin Over Twin Metal Bunk Bed Review
|Product Name:||Twin-Over-Twin Metal Bunk Bed|
|Dimensions:||42 x 79 x 68 inches|
This set of bunk beds has a simple and contemporary design with clean lines especially suitable for small bedrooms. With a tubular steel frame which is powder coated, the bunks are extremely sturdy and stable even with teenage boys climbing all over them.
The full length guard rail on the top bunk makes it safe even for younger children although the vertical ladder will take a little getting used to.
There is added room between the bottom and top bunks which makes these ideal bunk beds for growing boys. Each bunk can hold up 250 pounds so they are even suitable for teenagers and adults.
- Tubular steel construction with lead-free powder coated finish
- Available in 3 colors to suit most decors – black, silver and white
- Step-by-step assembly instructions are included
- The mattresses (not included) are supported by super strong slats
- The ladder can be attached at either end so you’re not limited in placement if you want to change the room around
- 250 pound weight limit per bunk
- 43.5 inch clearance between the bottom and top bunks
- The full length guard rail is 15 inches tall for added safety
- The bunks fit a regular sized twin mattress but it should not be thicker than 9 inches
- The bunk beds conform to the latest consumer product safety standards
- The bunks can also be separated into two twin beds when your children require more personal space or one of them moves into another room. The guard rails can stay attached for greater safety if being used by a young child.
There is plenty of head space between the two bunks. Even a 6 foot person can sit upright on the bottom bunk with plenty of headroom. This and the sturdy construction makes the bunks suitable for not only children but teenagers and grown boys as well.
There are 2 extra center legs on the bottom bunk to give the beds more stability. This makes them feel solid and secure. You don’t need to worry about your young children jumping all over the bunks while they think you’re not watching.
The simple, geometric design means that these bunk beds are a great space saver especially in smaller bedrooms. The addition of the vertical ladder adds to the overall clean lines.
The bunk beds would also be ideal for grandparents who have their grandchildren over to stay as they don’t take up too much room. They are even ideal for college students who are sharing maybe a bedsit or small apartment due to their compact size and durability.
You need to ensure your ceilings are high enough as the total height of the bunks is 68 1/4 inches from the floor to the top of the guard rail. You want to make sure there is enough head room for whoever will be sleeping in the top bunk.
To allow for the extra space between the 2 bunks, the bottom bunk is a little lower than other bunk beds. This means there is not enough room to put a trundle under the bunks.
The screws on the ladder can loosen with a lot of use so you need to make sure that you tighten them periodically.
- Install the cross bars only after the frame is fully assembled.
- Make sure the threaded hole which the bolt for the ladder goes into is on the bottom side of the upper frame.
- Don’t fully tighten any of the screws or bolts until the bunks are fully assembled. This will allow for a bit of movement when you need to align the various parts.
- When inserting the clips that secure the slats, make sure they are right side up and stick one side in first. Apply pressure to the other side, maybe with a pair of pliers or a hammer, and gently push until they snap in.
A number of customers have said that the bunk beds took some time to assemble but with the above tips this should be much easier. Lots of reviews stated that the bunks were very sturdy even after consistent use by rambunctious teenage boys and even adults. Mostly every reviewer stated that their kids absolutely loved theses bunk beds!
If you’re looking for a sturdy set of bunk beds for your children or teenagers that are compact and don’t take up a lot of room, then these would be ideal. Strong enough to hold up to some serious usage but simple and contemporary in design, they would suit any decor and the ability to turn them into 2 twin beds makes them very versatile indeed.Check Special Price on amazon