Are your children in the market for a new bed? You may be considering bunk beds. Are you redecorating your child’s room? Does your child want a bunk bed? Or do your children need to share a room? There are thousands of reasons why you should invest in a bunk bed for your child. Now the question is what type of bunk bed should you get. The options are seemingly endless. Let’s take a look at twin over full bunk beds with stairs. A twin bed over a full sized bed gives you more possibilities than you could imagine. Before purchasing, there are many factors to take into consideration. Let’s review all of the relevant information right now. Continue on to read our overview on buying twin over full bunk beds with a staircase.
We all know what bunk beds are. We picture two beds the same size on top of each other. You get up to the top bunk by a ladder, stairs, or steps. Well, twin over full bunk beds with stairs is the same type of bed yet, the bottom bed is a full sized bed. This expands the idea surrounding traditional bunk beds. Let’s continue.
Why should you buy twin over full bunk beds with stairs?
There are many reasons people decide to purchase bunk beds for a bedroom. When purchasing twin and full sized bunk beds, the options could be a bit different.
1. Limited space
One obvious reason to purchase bunk beds is because you have a home with limited space. You have multiple kids and not enough room.
- Two young kids share a room. A twin over full sized bed looks nice. Plus, if your little ones decide to. One child could climb down from the top and both children can fit comfortably in the full sized bed.
- Maybe you have one small child and one large child. A twin sized bunk bed typically supports a 100-pound limit. A full sized bed supports more. Problem solved.
- There could be quite an age gap between your children. One child could be 7 yrs old and sleep on the twin bunk. The other child could be a teenager who obviously needs a larger bed. You just don’t have enough space for them to have separate rooms. If this is the case, then twin over full bunk beds with stairs or a stairway is the best option.
- Maybe you only have one small child but space is limited. You’re a single parent and have a one bedroom apartment. This way the child can sleep up top on the twin bed, and the parent sleeps on the bottom bunk on the full sized bed. It’s a tough situation. Although, this way you can make the best out of it.
- Bunk beds aren’t made specifically for a child’s room. You can find bunk beds to suit any room you need them in. Whether it’s a guest room, vacation home, guest house, or simply any room that can be used for family or guests that are going to be staying overnight. Bunk beds come in a multitude of colors and styles to suit each customer’s individual needs.
2. Bunk beds are appealing
Whether you have one child or multiple children, one fact remains the same. Children love bunk beds.
- They are fun.
- Add additional space including bookshelves, desk, drawers, trundle, etc.
- Great for sleepovers.
- Perfect for snuggle time.
- A big bed for a night time story.
- One child gets scared on the top simply, climb down and share the bottom bunk.
- One bunk could be a play place.
- You can add a slide or a cover for a play area.
- Extra storage especially if no one sleeps on the top bunk. Put on your stuffed animals, extra blankets, pillows, etc.
When a parent chooses to get their child bunk beds, they are only expected to be used until the child outgrow them. With a full bed on the bottom, they can be used much longer than a traditional twin over twin bunk bed. The double bed on the bottom can be used for the child’s teenage years as well. Even longer than that if need be. Once a child get’s old enough that the top, twin sized bunk is rarely used. It is still there for sleepovers and extra room. With proper maintenance, a twin over full bunk bed will easily last for years and years.
Considerations to make when choosing a twin over full bunk bed with stairs
When purchasing a twin over full bunk bed with stairs there are factors to consider before making your final choice.
- Choose a color.
- Choose a frame design.
- Choose steps, a staircase, a ladder, or a slide.
- Decide if you want drawers underneath, a trundle, or blank space.
- Decide the shape and position you need the bunk bed to be and how it will fit in the room you are putting it in.
- Choose extra storage if you want. Such as a desk, or shelves, book shelves. You can even choose for the steps to be drawers.
- Most importantly, the price. You don’t want to break the bank when buying a bed. Bunk beds are typically bought as space savers and money savers. Think about this before making your final choice.
- Choose the bed end style. Choices are either slat or panel.
- Decide if you want the extra space under the bottom bunk to be space, drawers, or a trundle bed.
Popular Color Choices for Bunk Beds
To pick a color, you must first need to decide on what material you would like your bed to be constructed from, wood or metal. Obviously, you can paint metal or wood to suit your specific needs. We are here to give you the most popular color choices for both materials.
1. Metal Frame
2. Wooden Frame
- White (the most commonly used color for all bunk beds)
3. Other color options for wooden bunk beds
Shape and size of twin over full bunk beds with stairs
For a twin over full bunk bed with stairs, there are two options when it comes to the shape and how you can set up the bunk bed.
Traditional stacked bunk over bunk
A traditional bunk bed is stacked. A twin bed stacked on top of a full sized bed is a huge space saver.
When the bottom full sized bed is facing out it forms an L shape. Of course, this will take up more space than a stacked bunk over bunk. Yet, having your bunk bed form an L-shape will also give you space underneath the top bunk for a desk, set of drawers, etc. Plus, the overall appeal will make the room look spectacular.
The standard U.S. bed size for a twin sized is 38″ by 74″. The standard U.S. size of a full sized or double bed is 54″ by 75″. Now that you know the standard bed size, you have to take these other elements into consideration. These are measurements that you must know before you purchase any bunk bed. You do not want to purchase a bunk bed set that will not fit in the room it is intended for.
- The height of the bunk bed once assembled.
- Know how you are going to position the bunk bed (shapes of positioning are located above).
- The width and length of the bunk bed when fully assembled.
- When purchasing a twin over full bunk bed with stairs, you must also consider that the staircase is going to take up more space than if you were purchasing bunk beds with a ladder.
- Additional storage space will also take up more length. Any extra storage or additions like that of a staircase are going to add length to the original dimension estimates. In that case, you need to be certain that the room will accommodate any extra length that will be needed.
Features of a twin over full bunk bed with stairs
There are reasons why a twin over full bunk bed with a staircase is becoming one of the most popular bunk bed designs on the market. The features are simply too good to pass up. Why don’t we take a look at the different features readily available?
- Ample room on the bottom full sized bed.
- Steps/Staircase provides a safer and easier way up to the top bunk.
- Accommodates not only adolescents but, teenagers and adults as well.
- All bunk bed brands meet all ASTM safety standards for bunk beds.
- Extra room for storage in the staircase, as well as in the steps themselves.
- Efficient room to add extra additions such as desk, dresser drawers, shelving, racks, etc.
- Space under bottom bunk for storage drawers or for a trundle bed.
- Can easily change shape positions from L-shaped to stack bunk beds.
- Easy to assemble.
3 Best twin over full bunk beds with stairs you should choose for your room
Here are our top 3 picks of the best twin over full bunk beds with stairs. These particular 3 products were chosen based on availability, pricing, features, and overall appeal.
1. Discovery World Furniture Twin over Full Merlot Storage Bunk Bed
This twin over full bunk bed with stairs is the perfect addition to any bedroom. Not only is it appealing but, you will truly get the most out of these bunk beds. There is not one bit of space wasted making it the utmost best option for additional storage.
You can even choose if you want a three drawer storage system under the bottom bunk or a twin sized trundle bed. Discovery World Furniture is known for making high quality, durable, and long lasting bunk beds and additional furniture. Originally priced at over $1000. The price has been discounted to not even $800. This bunk bed is truly an absolute steal.
- Not only meets but exceeds all ASTM standards for safety.
- The staircase is not only appealing, it is practical with a built-in set of 4 dresser drawers.
- Built-in magazine rack.
- Stable and solid wooden construction.
- Includes a 1-year Discovery World Furniture limited warranty,
- Used European drawer glides.
- Parts connected using metal on metal connectors to ensure safety and reliability.
2. Woodland White Wood Staircase Twin/Full Urban Trundle
Bunk Bed by Atlantic Furniture. For starters, Atlantic Furniture is a trusted children’s furniture manufacturer of beds, bunk beds, and other bedroom furniture. While they have an immaculate collection of bunk beds, we love this particular model. The Woodland White Wood Staircase Twin Over Full Bunk Bed With Stairs and Trundle is breathtaking, to say the least.
This bunk bed exceeds safety. Even the staircase itself as wooden railings for added safety. Three kids are more can easily fit in this bunk bed with a large double bed on the bottom or by using the pull-out trundle bed underneath. Extra storage is built in right into the staircase.
- Railing on staircase.
- Staircase can be set up at either end.
- Built-in shelves on side of staircase for additional storage space.
- Includes 14 piece hardwood slats
- Assembly instructions included with pictures.
- Exceeds all safety requirements
- Pull out trundle bed underneath bottom bunk.
3. NE Kids Schoolhouse Stairway Loft Bed – White
This is one of the coolest bunk bed designs available. While it is described as a loft bed. The bottom bed optional and your choice of either a twin or full-size bed. In this case, we want a full-size bed which will accommodate individuals of any age.
The NE Kids Schoolhouse Stairway Bunk Bed is white giving off an awakening appeal that will brighten up any room. While there is no storage under the bottom bed. The rest of the design easily makes up for it. The four-step staircase is actually three drawers and a rolling toy box making that a dresser in itself plus additional room for toys or other items if you are older. On the opposing side is a desk which can face outward or inward. Plus, the staircase and the desk are interchangeable. Simply magnificent.
- Each bed accommodates up to 200 pounds.
- A one of a kind piece of bedroom furniture.
- Frame and staircase are constructed from durable hardwood.
- NE Kids includes a 1-year limited warranty.
- Includes bunkie board, slats, and metal grid support system.
- NE Kids offers customers satisfaction guaranteed or a 30 day back money guarantee.
These are just 3 of the best twin over full bunk beds with stairs or built in steps that can be used as a storage drawer. They are all appealing, affordable, space saving, and packed with features. As our many similar products.
Where to buy twin over full bunk beds with stairs?
There are many places to buy these bunk beds. While the obvious is local retail stores or online, here are more specific places. The majority are online which is more convenient and offers way more options. Here’s to name a few.
- Amazon (Best Deals & FREE Shipping)
- Walmart (online or retail store)
- Any brand’s specific online store
Safety tips for bunk beds
While bunk beds are a great idea to save you space, time, and money. Parents must be certain to inform their kids of safety precautions to take so that no one gets unnecessarily hurt. Plus, there are rules parents should follow as well.
- No child under 6 years old should be on the top bunk.
- Use the railing while walking up or down the staircase.
- If the steps double as drawers, be sure they are tightly closed.
- Do NOT jump off of the top bunk onto the bottom bunk.
- No hanging off of the top bunk or railing.
- Place bunk bed in a corner so that there are walls on 2 sides.
- Install guardrails on both sides of the top bunk so no one falls off.
- Guardrails must be at least 5 inches from higher than the mattress.
- Use correct mattress sizes for the bed frames.
- Instill rules of bunk bed usage in your children to prevent accidents from occurring.